The Women’s Business Border Center provides various small business trainings. The following are some of the trainings that the center conducts.
Workshops will focus on areas vital to small business development:
• Let’s Start Your Business Workshops: Monthly workshops will focus on how to begin a business, providing information on how to register your business, resources to obtain permits to operate your business, business plan development, preparing a loan package and secure business credit from all lending sources.
• Dynamic Women to Women Networking Luncheons: These workshops are held monthly and designed to provide small, minority and women owned business owners with a forum to network, discuss business challenges and build business connections. These events feature leading women business owners or prominent women from their fields.
• WNET Roundtables: The will continue to hold (quarterly) Women’s Network for Entrepreneurial Training (WNET), with guidance from the SBA’s District Office. Topics include Cash Flow Projections, Succession Plans, and Cost Estimating.
• Webinar Series: These monthly webinars will provide training on different topics and facilitated by experts. These include: Creating Power Point Presentations, QuickBooks, Marketing Strategies, Public Speaking and more.
• How to Mobilize Your Home Based Business: These quarterly workshops are held at Fort Bliss and are designed to empower military spouses or retiring military to start a business as a way to financial independence.
• Dancing Backwards in High Heels: The WBBC also hosts an Annual Conference for Women, our Annual International Women’s Business Symposium, geared to women of all walks of life. The annual Symposium will provide business women in the El Paso region a unique opportunity to come together to make connections with other female business owners, learn from each other’s best practices, and leadership styles. The Symposium also features business resources and educational presentations throughout the day that will cover topics focused on aspects that impact women in the business world. With an estimated crowd of over 600 women from the southwest region, women from diverse backgrounds will receive networking opportunities, as well as for women to have the opportunity to learn about other women in business through valuable workshops. Yet most importantly, women will be empowered to grow and continue influencing the world around them.
Why should you attend any of our events?
In order for entrepreneurs to start, grow and succeed in today’s competitive environment, you need to stay on top of business practices continually. Our workshops, trainings are designed as a comprehensive tool that will provide attendees proven business knowledge and processes to drive a healthy business. Experience teaches us how to organized, planned improvements have far greater impact. Your learning never stops.
Learn more about our Women's Business Border Center at their official website: http://www.womenbordercenter.com/